Has alfalfa really outlived its usefulness and should we look for alternatives? For four years in a row, the winners of the "Best alfalfa silage" contest prove the opposite: alfalfa is the queen of forage crops and there is no adequate replacement for it:
- no cereal can produce the same level of protein as alfalfa.
- the level of alfalfa silage fiber, 28-29%, is rarely achieved even on cereal grasses
Therefore, during the 15th International Dairy Congress on March 1-2, 2022, TOV "Pöttinger Ukraine" and the Consultancy Centre of the Association of Milk Producers will celebrate for the fifth time farms that managed to procure alfalfa silage of the highest quality in 2021.
The competition is based on the following points:
- all farms with analyzes of Ukrainian alfalfa silage / haylage in 2021, conducted in a foreign laboratory - Cumberland Valley Analytical Services (CVAS), USA are allowed to participate;
- assessment is based on the content of crude protein, fiber, crude ash and the quality of preservation (lactic, acetic, butyric acid);
- all analyzes are secret and their data are not disclosed, except for three analyzes of winners;
- the award is received by the representative of the farm responsible for the procurement personally.
To participate in the competition need:
- send a letter to the e-mail address email@example.com by February 20, indicate the name of the farm, postal address, name and position of the person responsible for the procurement of silage / haylage, his contacts;
- add a copy of the silage / haylage analysis.
More about the congress: dairycongress.org Join us!
►March 1-2, 2022, KyivExpoPlaza, street Amsterdam, 1, p. Berezivka, Kyiv region
Press service of the Association of Milk Producers
Key news of the dairy sector on the AMP Facebook page.