In 2015, Association of Milk Producers (AMP) together with DK VET LLC offered AMP member farms a new format of cooperation - Veterinary Service Centers (VSC).
The purpose of a net of VSC is to provide regular highly professional practical veterinary services to dairy farms – members of AMP in order to ensure high health status, high reproduction parameters, maximum animal productivity and increase of economic efficiency and competitiveness of domestic dairy farming.
On a weekly basis, a service veterinarian visits dairy farms of the assigned region, consults and recommends optimal solutions to problems, and participates in the veterinary service of a farm.
Tasks of VSC support - development and practical application of:
- anti-epizootic measures;
- reproduction and artificial insemination programs;
- recovery of newly-calved cows;
- body condition control;
- antiketosis program;
- udder health;
- lameness prevention.
Within the framework of participation in the project farms receive:
- Clinical examination of newly-calved cows;
- Diagnosis of postpartum diseases;
- Health monitoring of the animals treated / prescribed treatment during the previous visit;
- Diagnosis of pregnancy of cows and heifers, including using an ultrasound scanner;
- Diagnosis of the causes of infertility of animals and the appointment of individual treatment;
- Diagnosis of ketosis in cows of 6-12 days of lactation (consumables of the customer) If necessary, consumables are supplied by DK VET LLC by a separate invoice;
- Sampling for Uman Labs milk quality and udder health tests;
- Diagnosis of abomasum displacements;
- Appointment of a further course of treatment of sick animals until the next visit.
Advantages of cooperation with VSC:
Understanding of existing processes on the farm and recommendations for their improvement. Such as:
- Vaccination schemes
- Working with newly-calved cows
- Proper rearing of calves, the cooperation of a service vet with a technologist for young animals rearing
- Proper cows’ drying - control and recommendations of a VSC service vet
- Ultrasound diagnosis of pregnancy.
- Diagnosis of diseases of reproductive organs and treatment.
- Artificial insemination
- Milk quality improvement and prevention of mastitis through the introduction of milking protocols and implementation of effective hygiene products.
- Transparent and for 70% predictable order of veterinary goods according to the data on working plans. Guarantee of more rational usage of the veterinary budget.
Conditions for participation in the VSC project:
VSC services are provided only to member-farms of AMP.
VSC services could be temporarily provided on a commercial basis.
The supplier of veterinary drugs for the customer according to the recommendations of the VSC service vet is DK VET exclusively.
Providing the customer with immunobiological drugs, veterinary drugs, veterinary instruments, hygiene and disinfection products, related products (hereinafter - veterinary products) has to be approved by a VSC vet, servicing the farm .
By implementing treatment and prevention protocols from the best professionals in the world veterinary market and providing guaranteed quality products, we increase the profitability of farms and their confidence in the future.
At the beginning of 2020, there are 10 regional Veterinary Service Centers in Ukraine, which serve more than 130 farms with a total herd of more than 90 thousand cows.
More about the support from VSC -- http://avm-kc.org.ua/uk/post/centr-veterinarnogo-obslugovuvanna
Keep in touch with experts of VSC through the facebook-group – join us
Mob.: +38 (067) 232 78 53