Association of Milk Producers
Association of Milk Producers, AMP, is a non-profit non-governmental organization, that unites farms specialized on dairy farming. AMP was officially registered on April 30, 2009. Within 10 years of existence, number of participants of AMP has grown 10 times: in 2020, AMP already included 150 member-farms from all over Ukraine (average farm size - 400 cows).
The goals of AMP are sharing experience, import and implementation of best practices for increasing the profitability of dairy farming, joint protection of interests and solving problems of the industry.
The mission of AMP is production of quality milk and development of a competitive dairy industry that will enjoy trust and demand in the domestic market and will be able to efficiently produce and export a wide range of dairy products.
Today, AMP is the unifying and driving force of the entire national dairy industry, the main lobbyist of dairy farmers’ interests at the state level, the fighter for natural and high-quality dairy products on the table of each Ukrainian and the health of the younger generation.
The achievements and authority of AMP are recognized by the support and partnership of international organizations and foundations: FAO, EBRD, IFC, USAID, APD and also by agricultural departments of the embassies of Austria, Estonia, Canada, the Netherlands, Germany, France, the USA and other countries.
Membership in the association is voluntary and open for all milk producers. The only requirement is the desire to cooperate and business approach to dairy farming. Strategic task is to increase the profitability of the dairy business and defend the interests of farmers in the legal field.
In 2019, AMP member farms celebrated the 10th anniversary of the unification and significant achievements:
- 10 times more like-minded people - 150 member farms,
- doubled milk yields since 2009,
- recognized analytical center and specialized Milk and Farm magazine,
- modern laboratory for milk and feed quality control – Uman Labs,
- the biggest expert platform in dairy farming of Europe — Consultancy Center of AMP
- innovative training center Dairy Center Kischenzi, providing advanced training and extension for dairy farm staff with maximum practical immersion, international master classes and online courses,
- trust of recognized international organizations and foundations,
- professional lobbying of interests of milk producers at the level of central government bodies,
- organizer of leading industry events: National Dairy Farm Day and International Dairy Congress.